Natural Pack Inc. is a Santa Barbara based parent corporation that manages multiple brands in the pet and garden industries. We are searching for a local, stable, experienced person to help grow our company support. In this position, you will be expected to understand the nature our business and work with other members of the company on projects such as product education, researching new business, outgoing calls, order entry, customer maintenance, responding to emails, and answering phones. The beauty of this position is that it extends beyond being an “assistant”, so we are looking for candidates who are excited to take full advantage of the opportunity to build their own position within our company. The ideal candidate is ambitious, results-oriented, efficiency-driven, meticulous, and a “design thinker.” Creative and business savvy candidates are seriously considered, as this position extends beyond the scope of customer service.
This is a FAST PACED JOB that reports directly to Management and opens the opportunity to advance into Management faster than any job in the Company. You will be at the forefront of a business, directly assisting with many essential business functions such as business reporting, sales orders, purchasing & stock analysis, product knowledge and customer service. A sharp person with a type-A personality is likely to succeed in this position. The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Enter order details into an accounting software.
- Research new business and make outgoing calls to new and existing customers.
- Travel to meetings, and attending industry trade shows.
- Follow up on leads from trade shows.
- Outgoing calls for new products.
- Use MS Excel to fill in complicated price structures for key accounts and distributors.
- Understand basic functionality of the accounting software.
- Maintain and update customer profiles.
- Communicate effectively with our warehouses over the phone and email.
- Brainstorm in our meetings ways to improve how our business performs by highlighting areas for improvement and gaps in service.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to understand both business and customer goals.
- Answer phones and emails professionally while dealing directly with customers.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate is focused and has a demonstrated work ethic that includes:
- A college degree or progress towards a degree.
- At least one year of experience or equivalent training.
- Proven sales history, techniques, and organization that shows an ability to perform right out of the gate.
- Ability to meet goals in an environment with freedom of direction: a self-starter.
- Previous business, entry, or computer experience is a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows and MS Office software.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is instrumental to this job.
- A passion for gardening, plants, decorating or pets!
Candidates should be:
- Able to communicate service rationale and build consensus.
- A self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated to individual development, challenging teamwork, and consumer products.
- Able to work effectively all day from an office desk.
- Flexible in a dynamically growing and evolving company.
- A strong-spirited individual able to stand up for what he/she thinks is right.
Please apply by sending cover letter and resume.
Salary and Hourly rate depends on Experience and Overall Job Performance.
*Note that we are most inclined to consider the more professional candidates and applications. Those applying without the consideration to write a brief cover letter will not be taken seriously.
Job Type: Full-time