The Accounts Payable Specialist position understands the nature of our business and work with our Accounting & Purchasing Departments on projects such as office & warehouse procurement, bank reconciliation, forecasting, setting re-order points, writing POs, year end financials, researching products & gathering quotes, CC processing, preparing deposits, collection, customer maintenance, responding to emails, and answering calls. Moreover you will lead and organize our Vendor Relations Department by unifying Purchase Orders and maintaining Vendors.
The beauty of this position extends beyond Accounting & Purchasing, so we are looking for candidates who are excited to take full advantage of the opportunity to build their own position within our company. The ideal candidate is ambitious, results-oriented, efficiency-driven, meticulous, and a “design thinker.” Candidates with business acumen and a self-starter attitude are seriously considered.
This position leads to an Operations Officer career path. You will be at the forefront of a business, directly assisting with many customer transactions and payments as well as helping with our receivables and business costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and enter Receivables, invoices, and bank reconciliation details into our accounting software (Sage 100).
- Monitor Accounts Receivable Reports
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Handle smart purchasing of office supplies, warehouse equipment, and travel bookings.
- Prepare and schedule meaningful reports on key dates.
- Understand functionality of the accounting software.
- Maintain and update customer profiles.
- Communicate effectively with our warehouses over the phone and email.
- Answer phones and emails professionally while dealing directly with customers.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
The ideal candidate is focused and has a demonstrated work ethic that includes:
- At least one year of experience or equivalent training
- Ability to meet goals in an environment with freedom of direction: a self-starter
- Previous business, entry, or computer experience is a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word) software
- Proficiency in MS Excel is instrumental to this job
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to individual development, scheduled tasks, and consumer products
- Able to work effectively all day from a desk office
- Flexible in a dynamically growing and evolving company
- High School diploma (GED equivalent), Bachelors Degree preferred in Business, Accounting or related field
- One year experience in Accounts Payable